Please Log in or Register
to Use Advanced Features
258 Homes for sale in Franklin, Indiana
Franklin is has a lot going for it. With its well-preserved 15-block historic district, major employers like Community Health Systems and Nissan, its own local college and an easy commute to Indy, it's a nice place to live and an even nicer place in which to own a home.
Franklin Indiana is situated a little over 20 miles directly south of Indianapolis Indiana in Johnson County where it is the county seat.
Franklin has a small town charm and is committed to providing visitors and residents with fun and exciting things to do. It is a very picturesque town you'll love to visit.
Franklin College is a private liberal arts college that was opened in 1834 by a group of Baptists, making it one of the oldest colleges in Indiana.
In 1842, it became the first college in the state of Indiana to admit women. Since then, several notable alumni have emerged from Franklin College, including Academy Award-winner Robert Wise and the founder of Save the Children Foundation, John R. Voris.
- Franklin Holiday Lighting Event: This annual event is jam-packed with activities including a Holiday Parade, Carriage and Fire Truck Rides, a Christmas Movie, a Jingle Jog, Choral Performances, a Luminary Vigil, and a visit from Santa Clause. For more information or to make donations for the Holiday Lighting Fund, call 317-736-6334
- Franklin Fall Festival & Octoberfest: These two events have joined together and showcase craftsmen, a talent show, entertainers, a Chocolate Baking Contest, a Polka Band, dancing, a parade, food, and a movie.
- Franklin's Downtown Area: Franklin might surprise you with the number of things there are to do. Visit downtown sometime and find out for yourself!
- The Franklin Historic Artcraft Theatre: The Artcraft Theatre was originally built in "Roaring 20s, in the year 1922 to be exact. After 82 years of operation, it was purchased by Franklin Heritage Inc. for $175,000 on April 20, 2004.
- The Franklin Police Department is committed to preventing and stopping crime. If you have an emergency dial 911, otherwise dial 317-736-3670. The Franklin Police Department is located at 1 Caisson Drive, Franklin, IN 46131.
- The Franklin Fire Department has been established since 1880. The Franklin Fire Department covers the 22.5 square miles of territory in the city and township of Franklin. In the event of a fire emergency call 911. For non-emergency calls dial 888-736-3650. The Franklin Fire Department is located at 1701 North Main Street, Franklin, IN 46131.
Franklin Real Estate
Franklin, Indiana is the perfect place in which to purchase a house. With 258 listings available for purchase, there will never be a better time than now to start looking at properties. You will find every home, condo, building and lot for sale in the Indianapolis Multiple Listing Service (MLS), presented on our website via IDX. msWoods.com offers several different ways to find Franklin homes for sale and other real estate.
Homes by Subdivision
There are so many nice neighborhoods in Franklin, finding one that fits suits your needs is never a problem. Just can browse or search by Franklin subdivision name.
Homes by Street
There are times when living on a particular street makes all the difference in the world. Maybe you need to know whether a certain street has listings for sale. We make it easy to search by Franklin street.
Homes by School District
Maybe you aren't as concerned with the street or neighborhood as much as you are the school district. msWoods makes it easy to find homes for sale by school district, including those that serve Franklin.
Find Homes by Amenity
We think you will enjoy our easy-to-use, advanced search options that allow you to narrow listings based on options. Want a 3-bedroom, golf course home with a first-floor master bedroom and walk-out basement? No problem. Or how about the security of a cul-de-sac home located in a gated community? Throw in a wooded lot and walking trail and now you're set. Other popular outdoor amenities include in-ground pools and lakefront homes to name just a few. No matter the ammenity, our agents are experts in the Franklin market, which means no detail falls through the cracks when it comes to finding a home that is right for you, and at a price you can afford.
Think of msWoods as the brokerage you can count on for finding any and all Franklin real estate.