Become an msWoods VIP Member
With your VIP Membership, you can search by:
City - County - Zip code - Address - Subdivision - School District - MLS/BLC #
- Access 30,000 MLS listings
- Save your favorite listing(s)
- Save your search(s)
- Receive email updates daily or weekly if you'd like
- See photos of interiors, exteriors and street views
- Get directions to the home you want to see.
Don't wait. Sign up now. It's absolutely FREE!
351 Homes for sale in Greenfield, Indiana
The city of Greenfield has a definite small town charm. At the same time, it is a city that is always moving forward. Low crime, a solid economy and thriving real estate market are just a few reasons to consider Greenfield for your next home.
Greenfield Indiana is situated in the center of Hancock County, approximately 25 miles due east of Indianapolis. It enjoys convenient access to I-70 and US-40.
Greenfield has a long and rich history dating back to when it was named as the county seat of government in 1828. It may be small, but there is plenty to do and see.
James Whitcomb Riley
The famous "Hoosier Poet", James Whitcomb Riley, was born and raised in Greenfield Indiana. Riley penned more than 1,000 poems in his lifetime, including "Little Orphant Annie." Riley left a great legacy in Indiana.
For example, in memory of Riley, prominent citizens from Indianapolis began a Riley Memorial Association in 1916 that built a children's hospital.
Today it is known as the Riley Children's Foundation that is committed to improving the well-being and health of the children of Indiana.
Attractions and Historic Sites
Greenfield has several buildings that are dated back from the 1800's.
- The Philadelphia Methodist Church was built in 1853 and is available for weddings, tours, family gatherings, religious meetings, and other occasions.
- The third and fourth county jails, built in 1853 and 1871 respectively, are still standing. In fact, the 4th county jail is now serving as the Hancock County Prosecutor's Office.
- The Riley Home, built in 1850, is open to visitors to tour April through November.
- The Hancock Public Library in Greenfield is located at 900 W McKenzie Road, Greenfield, IN 46140.
- The Greenfield Police Department seeks to improve the quality of life in Greenfield Indiana. The Greenfield Police Department is located at 116 South State Street, Greenfield, IN 46140.
- The Greenfield Fire Department provides services to the City of Greenfield, as well as the Center Township of Hancock County. In the event of a fire emergency call 911. The Greenfield Fire Department is located at 17 West South Street, Greenfield, IN 46140.
- Electricity: Greenfield Power & Light provides the electrical serves to Greenfield Indiana residents.
- Water: Greenfield Water Utility provides water services to Greenfield Indiana.
Greenfield Real Estate
Greenfield, Indiana is the perfect place in which to purchase a house. With 351 listings to decide from, there will never be a better time than now to get in touch with one of our agents. You will find every home, condo, building and lot for sale in the Indianapolis Multiple Listing Service (MLS), presented on our website via IDX. msWoods.com offers several different ways to find Greenfield homes for sale and other real estate.
Homes by Subdivision
There are so many nice neighborhoods in Greenfield, finding one that fits suits your needs is never a problem. Just can browse or search by Greenfield subdivision name.
Homes by Street
There are times when living on a certain street makes all the difference in the world. Maybe you need to know whether a certain street has listings for sale. We make it easy to search by Greenfield street.
Homes by School District
Maybe you aren't as concerned with the street or neighborhood as much as you are the school district. msWoods makes it easy to find homes for sale by school district, including those that serve Greenfield.
Find Homes by Amenity
We think you will enjoy our easy-to-use, advanced search options that allow you to narrow listings based on options. Want a 3-bedroom, golf course home with a first-floor master bedroom and walk-out basement? No problem. Or how about the security of a cul-de-sac home located in a gated community? Throw in a wooded lot and walking trail and now you're set. Other popular outdoor amenities include in-ground pools and lakefront homes to name just a few. No matter the ammenity, our agents are experts in the Greenfield market, which means no detail falls through the cracks when it comes to finding a home that is right for you, and at a price you can afford.
Think of msWoods as the brokerage you can count on for finding any and all Greenfield real estate.