Become an msWoods VIP Member
With your VIP Membership, you can search by:
City - County - Zip code - Address - Subdivision - School District - MLS/BLC #
- Access 30,000 MLS listings
- Save your favorite listing(s)
- Save your search(s)
- Receive email updates daily or weekly if you'd like
- See photos of interiors, exteriors and street views
- Get directions to the home you want to see.
Don't wait. Sign up now. It's absolutely FREE!
265 Homes for sale in Plainfield, Indiana
Plainfield recently made CNN Money's top-100 list of America's best small towns, claiming the #62 spot. With strong schools, a recently revitalized Town Center and a solid real estate market, Plainfield deserves serious consideration for anyone in search of a new home.
Plainfield Indiana is located on the southeastern border of Hendricks County and approximately 14 miles south by southwest of Indianapolis Indiana.
Plainfield, Indiana offers easy access to downtown Indianapolis and has a high quality of life. This small town of roughly 30,000 boasts two major industrial parks and is, needless to say, a good place to locate a business. The slogan for Plainfield Indiana is, "A Community of Values." The town identified twelve core values, such as truth, integrity, honesty, and justice. Each month, one of the core values is emphasized and the Community Values Program recognizes one citizen who exemplifies that value.
The Plainfield Community School Corporation receives a 4-star rating for two years in a row. The town's high school, Plainfield High School, was built in 2009, which set off something of a chain reaction, as the the former high school was re-purposed as Middle School, and the former middle school was re-purposed as "Clarks Creek Elementary." Plainfield's 4 elementary schools consist of Brentwood Elementary, Central Elementary, Van Buren Elementary School and, of course, Clarks Creek Elementary.
- Downtown Plainfield: There's plenty to do in downtown Plainfield. The small-town atmosphere is a welcomed relief from the stress of city life. Small, mom-and-pop shops line the streets of this quaint Midwest town.
- Splash Island is a tropically themed water park that is an excellent place to take the family. There are three water slides, water jets, ropes and guns, a lazy river, two pulsating vortexes, a lily pad crossing, and an interactive play area. In addition, there is a six-lane competition pool that features two 1-meter springboards.
- Greenways: Plainfield strives to develop spaces in which the community can gather. The Comprehensive Greenway Master Plan is a linear park system that extends down White Lick Creek. This plan utilizes those portions of the floodway deemed unsuitable for development to link together several existing parks.
- The Oak Tree Golf Course is a located off U.S. 40, approximately 20 miles west of the downtown Indianapolis. Designed by the legendary Pete Dye, this 18-hole, championship-caliber, public course features an open layout and beaucoup amenities, including a pro shop and PGA certified staff.
Plainfield Real Estate
Plainfield, Indiana is the perfect place in which to purchase a house. With 265 listings just waiting to be seen, now is a great time to start your search. You will find every home, condo, building and lot for sale in the Indianapolis Multiple Listing Service (MLS), presented on our website via IDX. msWoods.com offers several different ways to find Plainfield homes for sale and other real estate.
Homes by Subdivision
There are so many beautiful neighborhoods in Plainfield, finding one that fits suits your needs is never a problem. Just can browse or search by Plainfield subdivision name.
Homes by Street
There are times when living on a certain street makes all the difference in the world. Maybe you need to know whether a certain street has listings for sale. We make it easy to search by Plainfield street.
Homes by School District
Maybe you aren't as concerned with the street or neighborhood as much as you are the school district. msWoods makes it easy to find homes for sale by school district, including those that serve Plainfield.
Find Homes by Amenity
We think you will enjoy our easy-to-use, advanced search options that allow you to narrow listings based on options. Want a 3-bedroom, golf course home with a first-floor master bedroom and walk-out basement? No problem. Or how about the security of a cul-de-sac home located in a gated community? Throw in a wooded lot and walking trail and now you're set. Other popular outdoor amenities include in-ground pools and lakefront homes to name just a few. No matter the ammenity, our agents are experts in the Plainfield market, which means no detail falls through the cracks when it comes to finding a home that is right for you, and at a price you can afford.
Think of msWoods as the brokerage you can count on for finding any and all Plainfield real estate.