There were a total of 791 Avon homes for sale during the most recent quarter. This represents an 11-percent drop versus the previous quarter’s total of 887, and a 12.3-percent drop versus this same quarter 1 year ago. This is good news for anyone trying to sell a home obviously, since less supply means less competition. The 278 homes on the market in March, 2013 represent a 14.2-percent decrease in total listings versus this same month 1 year ago. The 12-month average number of homes listed on the Avon market each month is 315.
A total number of 139 homes sold in Avon from January through March of this year, up nearly 28 percent versus this same quarter last year. However, versus the previous quarter’s total of 171 homes sold, this represents a 19-percent decrease in sales. On average, a total of 52 sales have taken place each month over the past 12 months in Avon. The 56 sales that took place in March of 2013 represent a 51.4-percent increase versus this same month last year.
There were a total of 176 pending sales on the market during the most recent quarter. This is up 20 percent versus the previous quarter, and up 37.2 percent versus this same quarter 12 months ago. March’s total of 73 pending sales also represents a 43.1-percent increase in pending sales versus this same month last year. Including the month of March, there has been an average of 55 pending sales each month over the past 12 months in Avon, Indiana.
Some other interesting Avon real estate market stats for the most recent quarter:
- Of the 791 homes listed for sale in during the first quarter of 2013, 222 were new listings. This represents a 30-percent increase over the previous quarter’s total of 171 new listings. On average, a total of 70 new listings are added to the Avon market each month over the past 12 months.
- The average time on market (current versus previous) was unchanged at 105 days. The average time on market for the most recent 12-month period is 103 days.
- The average sold-list differential based on original list price rose by 3 percentage points, from 87 percent last quarter to 91 percent during the most recent quarter. The average sold-list difference based on final asking price also rose, from 95 percent during the previous quarter to 97 percent during the most recent quarter.
- The average price per square foot fell 3 percent, from $70 last quarter to $67 this quarter. On average, homes have sold for $69 per square foot over the past 12 months in Avon.
- The average ‘sold’ price climbed 1 percent, from $174,000 in the previous quarter to $175,000 most recently. Meanwhile, the average active price rose 7 percent, from $204,000 to $219,000.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales fell from an average of 19 percent during the previous quarter to 18 percent during the most recent quarter. The absorption rate based on pending sales during this same time climbed from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- There were, on average, 2.87 months of inventory based on closed sales and 4.6 months based on pending sales during the most recent quarter.
- The median price was $152,000 for the first quarter.