The Avon real estate market in September, 2012 was very much a reflection of the time of year, as total sales fell 18.5 percent versus the previous month’s total of 54 closings. In fact, September marked the third straight month that total sales fell relative to the previous month. But while sales were most definitely down versus August, compared to September of 2011 they remained unchanged. Also, from August through September of this year there were, on average, 52 closings per month. This represents a 10.6-percent increase versus this same period 1 year ago.
Another stat that failed to impress was that of total pending sales. September’s total of 43 represents an 18.9-percent drop versus the previous month’s tally of 53. Moreover, compared to this same month 1 year ago, total pending sales were down 4.4 percent. In fact, September marked the second consecutive month that Avon pending sales fell. But like our previous stat, when the most recent quarter is compared to this same quarter 1 year ago, we see that there were, on average, 13.3 percent more pending sales each month, or 51 versus 45 respectively.
One but of welcomed news, at least if you were trying to sell a home, was the fact that there was most decidedly less competition on the market. September’s total of 340 listings represents a 6.1-percent decrease versus the August total of362. Compared to this same month 1 year ago, total listings were down by just 0.9 percent. And, from August through September of this year, there were on average 4.1 percent fewer homes on the market compared to this same month last year.
Some other pertinent Avon real estate stats to consider:
- The absorption rate was 12.9 percent based on closed sales and 12.6 percent based on pending sales.
- There were 7.8 months of inventory based on closed sales and 7.9 months of inventory based on pending sales.
- The average price per square foot in September was $68. This is down 6.8 percent versus the previous month, albeit up 1.02 percent versus 1 year ago.
- The average ‘sold’ price of $167,000 was down not even 1 percent versus the previous month, but down nearly 3 percent versus September of 2011. The 12-month average ‘sold’ price in Avon is $169,000.
- The average active price of $209,000 was down only a tad versus the previous month’s average of $210,000, and unchanged versus this same month 1 year ago.
- The median price was $154,000.