Considering the time of year it’s a wonder that total Brownsburg pending sales remained steady at 31. Compared to last November’s total of 24 this represents a 29.2-percent increase in pending sales. Also, there were on average 22.2 percent more pending sales on a per-month basis from September through November of this year compared to this same quarter in 2010, or 33 versus 27 respectively.
In the statistical category of total sales the news wasn’t altogether negative. I say not “altogether” because while November’s 34 closings represents a 10.5-percent decrease versus the previous month, it is nevertheless a 6.3-percent improvement versus1 year ago during this same month. Also, there were on average 37 homes sold per month from September through November of this year compared to this same quarter 1 year ago.
The Brownsburg real estate market saw a 5.1-percent decrease in the number of homes listed for sale, from 272 in October to 258 in November. There were 4.1 percent fewer homes for sale in Indianapolis, IN over this same period. There were 280 homes listed for sale in Brownsburg Indiana last November, which makes the most recent total of 257 a 7.9-percent decrease. In another comparison, there were on average 273 homes on the Brownsburg market per month from September through November of this year compared to 292 per month during this same period in 2010.
Some other pertinent Brownsburg market stats:
- Homes in Brownsburg Indiana spent an average of 109 days on the market in November compared to an average of 102 days in October. While this is not a big increase versus the 12-month average of 103 (Brownsburg only) it represents a huge increase versus last November’s average of just 52 days.
- Homes on average sold for 88 percent of their original list price and 97 percent of their final list price.
- The average active price was $161,000, while the average ‘sold’ price was $204,000.
- There were 7.6 months of inventory based on closed sales and 8.3 months of inventory based on pending sales.
- The absorption rate was 13.2 percent based on closed sales and 12 percent based on pending sales.
- The average price per square foot was $68.