The Brownsburg real estate market, while worse in comparison to the previous month, was significantly improved compared to December of 2010. Starting with sales, a total of 34 closings took place in December, which is a 5.6-percent decrease versus the previous month’s total of 36. However, compared to last December’s total of just 25 this makes for a very healthy 36-percent increase in total sales. Bu that’s not the end of it, because there was also 16.1-percent increase in the average number of homes sold per month from October through December of this year compared to this same period in 2010.
Total pending sales took the biggest hit, as there were just 18 in the December pipeline, or 48.6 percent fewer, compared to the previous month’s total of 35. But like in comparison to December of 2010 this is 12.5-percent better. Also, the average number of pending sales per month increased 47.4 percent from October through December of this year compared to this same quarter in 2010.
As a basis of comparison there were 8.4 percent fewer homes for sale in Indianapolis, IN in the month of December compared to the previous month. Over this same period there was a 7-percent decrease in the total number of Brownsburg homes for sale, from 258 to 240. Finally, there was an average of just 257 homes on the market per month in Brownsburg Indiana from October through December of this year compared to this same period 1 year ago, making this an 8.2 percent decrease overall.
Some other Brownsburg real estate market statistics:
- Brownsburg homes spent around 14 percent less time on the market, or 98 days, in December compared to the previous month’s average of 114 days. Compared to last December’s average of 88 days, however, this is an 11-percent worsening. The 12-month average time on market is 105 days.
- The average sold-list differential, as a percentage of the original list price, was 90 percent. Homes went for 97 percent of final list price.
- The absorption rate was 14.2 percent based on closed sales and 7.5 percent based on pending sales.
- The average active price remained unchanged at $204,000, although down just a tad from last December’s average of $208,000.
- December’s average ‘sold’ price of $159,000 was down nearly 17 percent versus last December’s average of $91,000.