The Greenfield real estate market in December, 2011 showed progress in comparison to where it was this same time 1 year ago. December’s total of 31 sales, for example, represents a 3.3-percent increase versus last year’s total of 30 during this same month. Versus November of 2011’s total of 26 this is an even greater 19.2-percent increase. An average of 34 closings per month took place from October through December of this year, or 13.3 percent more, compared to this same period 1 year ago, when the monthly average was just 30.
Total pending sales, while down 34.4 percent versus the previous month, rose a surprising 10.5 percent compared to December of 2010. Also, the average number of monthly pending sales rose 21.7 percent from October through December of this year relative to this same period 1 year ago.
With respect to real estate and homes for sale in Indianapolis, based on a total of 5,662 listings in December compared to the previous month’s total of 6,181 there was an 8.4-percent decrease. In contrast, there were 280 Greenfield homes for sale compared to the previous month’s total of 294, making it a 4.8-percent decrease. Compared to December of 2010, however, there was a much larger 11.1-percent decrease in the number of listings on the Greenfield Indiana market.
Some other pertinent Greenfield real estate market stats:
- December’s average ‘sold’ price climbed an average of 16.6 percent, from $96,000 in November to $112,000 in December. Compared to December of 2010 this is a decrease of nearly 25 percent.
- While December’s average active price, at $179,000, remained unchanged from the previous month it was up nearly 8 percent versus last December’s average of $166,000.
- Homes in Greenfield spent an average of 107 days on the market in December. This represents a 24.4-percent worsening compared to last December’s average of 86 days, and an 8-percent worsening versus the 12-month average time on market of 99 days.
- The absorption rate was 11.1 percent based on closed sales and 7.5 percent based on pending sales.
- The average price per square foot was $55.