While many other central Indiana real estate markets experienced a decline in total sales in October, such was not the case in Greenfield Indiana as the number of homes sold rose 10 percent versus the previous month’s total of 40. But not only was there improvement versus the previous month, total sales versus October of 2010 were up a significant 46.7 percent. Better still was a 50-percent increase in the average number of homes sold per month from August through October of this year.
Total Greenfield pending sales fell 30.4 percent, from 46 in September to 32 in October. But wait, this is a 52.4-percent increase versus last October’s total of 21—which just goes to show progress is all a matter of perspective. Speaking of which, the average monthly total of 39 pending sales from August through October of this year represents a 25.8-percent increase versus this same quarter 1 year ago, when the average was just 31.
While the 1.6-percent drop in total listings from September to October doesn’t quite match the 4.2-percent drop in Indianapolis homes for sale that occurred during this same period it represents an improvement nonetheless. What’s more, the 310 Greenfield homes for sale in October represent a 9.1-percent improvement versus where the market was exactly 12 months prior to this. Also, from August through October of this year there were on average 322 Greenfield homes on the market, or 7.7 percent fewer, compared to this same period last year.
Some other Greenfield real estate market stats:
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 14.2 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 10.3 percent.
- There were 7 months of inventory on the market based on closed sales and 9.7 months of inventory based on pending sales.
- Homes in Greenfield spent an average of 86 days on the market, down 13.1 percent versus the previous month’s average of 99.
- The average sold-list differential was 95 percent, which by the way, matches the 12-month average.
- The median price was $131,000.
- The average ‘sold’ price was $152,000, while the average active price was $175,000.