The Greenfield real estate market showed some nice gains in the month of May, 2012. Total sales, for example picked up by 15 percent versus the previous month’s total of 40. Also, the 46 closings that took place in May represent a 7-percent increase over last year’s total during this same month. The only negative stat came in the form of a 2.4-percent drop in the average number of monthly closings to take place from March through May of this year relative to this same quarter 1 year ago. An average of 39 closings have taken place each month over the past year in Greenfield.
Another area of improvement, albeit less pronounced, concerned pending sales: May’s total of 51 was up 4.1 percent versus the previous month’s total of 49. Versus May of 2011 this is a 13.3-percent increase in total pending sales. In a different comparison, the average number of pending sales each month, from March through May of this year, was down 2.1 percent versus this same 3-month period 12 months ago. On average, there have been 41 pending sales per month over the past 12 months.
While the total number of Greenfield homes listed for sale rose a very slight 1.4 percent, the 294 homes on the market in May represents a 5.8-percent drop versus last May’s total of 312. Also, there were on average 287 homes on the market each month from March through May of this year relative to this same period in 2011. Of the 294 homes listed for sale in May, 81 were new listings. This latter figure represents an increase of nearly 11 percent versus the previous month’s total of 73. It is also a 5.2-percent increase over last May’s total of 77 new listings. The 12-month average number of new homes placed on the Greenfield market each month is 63.
Some other Greenfield real estate market stats:
- Homes spent an average of 111 days on the market in May, down barely versus the previous month’s average of 112 days. Versus May of 2011, this is an 18.1-percent increase. It is also a 7.7-percent increase over the 1-year average of 103 days on the market.
- The average price per square foot was $70. This is a significant 18.6-percent increase over the previous month’s average of $59, and a 9.3-percent increase versus last May’s average of $64. The 12-month average price per square foot in Greenfield is $60.
- The average ‘sold’ price of $141,000 was up nearly 25 percent over the previous month’s average of $113,000, and up 10.2 percent versus last May’s average of $128,000. The 12-month average ‘sold’ price in Greenfield $118,000.
- The average active price was $172,000. This is up nearly 12 percent versus last May’s average of $170,000. The 12-month average active price is $175,000.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 15.6 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 17.3 percent.
- There were 6.4 months of inventory based on closed sales and 5.8 months of inventory based on pending sales.
Other Greenfield Real Estate Resource Online: