Since reaching a 12-month peak of 736 in May of 2011 the total number of Greenwood homes for sale has now fallen for the third consecutive month, most recently totaling 685, making for a 2-percent decrease versus the previous month’s total of 699. Versus last August’s total of 756 the falloff is more pronounced at 9.4 percent. Looking at the most recent quarter that spans the months of June through August, there were, on average, a total of 705 homes listed on the Greenwood real estate market compared to this same quarter in 2010.
There was a pleasant 25-percent increase in the total number of closings that took place in August versus the previous month. Moreover, August’s total of 120 closings was up 48.1 percent compared exactly 1 year ago. Also, form June through August of this year there were on average 18.9 percent more closings per month compared to this same quarter last year.
While total pending sales fell 17.8 percent, from 118 in July to just 97 in August, this was nevertheless a 32.9-percent increase compared to last August’s total of just 73. And, from June through August of this year there were, on average, 103 pending sales per month, or 30.4 percent more, versus this same period 1 year ago, when the per-month average was just 79.
A few Other Noteworthy Greenwood Market Stats:
- Of August’s 685 homes listed for sale 173 came in the form of brand new listings. And, considering the fact that total listings were down 2 percent, it is worth noting that August’s 173 new listings represents a 27.2-percent increase versus the previous month. On average, there have been 155 new listings added to the market per month over the past year.
- Homes in Greenwood Indiana spent an average of 105 days on the market in August, up nearly 18 percent versus the previous month. Compared to last August’s average of just 76 days this is a big 38.1-percent increase. The 12-month average time on market is 89 days.
- Buyers paid an avergae price per square foot of $71. The 12-month average is $68.
- There were 5.7 months of inventory based on closed sales and 7.1 months based on pending sales.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 17.5 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 14.2 percent.
- The median price was $150,000.