Since reaching a 12-month high of 736 in May of 2011 the number of Greenwood homes for sale has fallen in each of the ensuing months, most recently falling 3.9 percent from the previous month’s total of 643. This 3.9-percent decrease comes close to matching the 4.9-percent drop in Indianapolis homes for sale during the same 1-month period. But Greenwood listings, compared to last October’s total of 704, were down an even greater 12.2 percent. From August through October of this year there were on average 12.4 percent fewer homes on the market per month compared to this same period last year.
But total listings wasn’t the only stat to fall. As expected, the total number of homes sold in Greenwood fell 23.7 percent, from 97 in September to just 74 in October. The good news about this is that, compared to last October’s total of 66, it is a 12.1-percent increase. Moreover, there were 26 percent more homes sold per month from August through October of this year compared to this same quarter in 2010.
Total pending sales were down 24.6 percent versus September’s total of 65. Versus last October’s total of 61 total pending sales were down 19.7 percent. However, viewed quarterly, there was a 10.1-percent increase in the average number of pending sales counted per month from August through October of this year compared to the same quarter 1 year ago.
Some other Greenwood real estate market stats:
- Homes in Greenwood Indiana spent an average of 109 days on the market in October. This is actually far worse than last October’s average of 80 days. The 12-month average time on market in Greenwood is 95 days.
- Of the 618 homes listed for sale in Greenwood 109 were new listings.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 12 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 7.9 percent.
- There were 8.4 months of inventory based on closed sales and 12.6 months based on pending sales.
- The average ‘sold’ price was $170,000, while the average active price was $204,000.
- The average price per square foot was$70.
- The median price was $143,000.