When a hurricane is on the way, it’s important to batten down the hatches–including your AC unit. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning recommends homeowners follow these quick tips for AC and general home prep:
– Turn off gas and electricity to your home to ensure safety if the water rises.
– Close all exterior crawl space vents and tape them off to prevent moisture from getting in.
– If your home is on a crawl space, have a battery backup with batteries in the upper floor of your home.
– Tie down the exterior air conditioning unit to keep it from washing away.
– If your home floods, make sure to have a Certified HVAC Technician inspect your A/C and furnace before you turn it back on.
– Do not wait until bad weather is here to shut off power to the AC unit.
Published by M.S.WOODS REAL ESTATE, LLC. Find thousands of homes for sale in metro Indianapolis, Indiana.