While some digging around was required, a few statistical areas of improvement could be seen in the Mooresville real estate market in December, 2011. Total pending sales, for example, while unchanged from the previous month’s total of 12 were up 20 percent in comparison to last December’s total of 10.
In a market that doesn’t exactly suffer from a shortage of real estate it’s a good thing that the total number of Mooresville homes for sale fell 5 percent versus the previous month. Compared to last December’s total of 159 total listings were down 3.8 percent in Mooresville Indiana. In way of comparison, there were 8.4 percent fewer homes for sale in Indianapolis.
Total sales fell 20 percent, from 15 in November to 12 in December, 2011. Compared to last December’s total of 14 this is a 14.3-percent decrease. Also, from October through December of 2011 an average of 16 closings took place per month. This is 11.1 percent below the average of 18 per month during this same period in 2010.
Some other noteworthy Mooresville real estate market stats:
- The absorption rate based on both closed and pending sales was 7.8 percent.
- The average time on market was 96 days in December. This is an 11.1-percent improvement versus last December’s average of 108 days, and a 9.4-percent improvement versus the 12-month average time on market of 106 days.
- The sold-list differential as a percent of original list price averaged 90 percent, while the sold-list differential as a percent of final list price averaged 96 percent.
- The average ‘sold’ price was $125,000, and the average active price was $198,000.
- The average price per square foot was $77.