The Plainfield market was more active in August, 2011 at least when it came to selling homes. Total sales rose 28.1 percent as a total of 41 closings took place in August compared to the previous month’s total of just 32. In the bigger picture, this represents a marked 46.4-percent rise in sales activity compared to where we were 1 year ago, which is a good thing indeed.
Unfortunately, there is little positive to report about the latest figures for total pending sales. There were just 31 pending sales on the books in August, or 22.5 percent fewer, compared to the previous month’s total of 40. While this is no improvement versus 1 year ago at least it’s not any worse. On the plus side, the average total number of pending sales from June through August rose 17.2 percent to 34 versus 29 per month during this same period in 2010.
If there’s one stat where negative numbers are preferred then surely it is that of total listings. It wasn’t much, by total listings changed -0.5 percent in August versus the previous month. But August’s total of 206 Plainfield homes for sale, compared to 1 year ago, represents a 5.1-percent decrease. Plus, the Plainfield real estate market saw a 1.9-percent decrease in the average number of homes listed for sale per month during the months of June through August of 2011 compared to this same quarter in 2010, or 209 versus 213 respectively.
A few other Plainfield real estate market stats you might find interesting:
- Plainfield Indiana homes spent an average of 20 percent more time on market in August versus the previous month’s average of 100 days. Not only is this a 12-percent increase versus last August’s average of 107 days it is an even greater 26.3-percent increase versus the 12-month average of 95 days in Plainfield.
- At an average of $70, buyers paid slightly more per square foot for Plainfield real estate compared to the previous month’s average of $68. The 12-month average price per square foot is $69.
- The sold-list differential in August was 96 percent. This was unchanged from not only the previous month, but the 12-month average as well, as both are 96 percent.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 19.9 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 15 percent.
- The median price was $145,000.