(Family Features)–A busy schedule doesn’t have to prevent you from taking steps toward a lifestyle that fosters overall well-being. There are many easy, small changes you can make toward better living that can make a noticeable impact.
1. Choose the long route. For many people, it’s an automatic move to find the closest parking space that’s located the shortest distance to the door. With your lifestyle goals in mind, consider taking a different approach. Look for ways to work in more physical activity. Seek out a spot in the back of the parking lot as an opportunity to increase your steps for the day, or choose the longer scenic route when walking your dog at the park for a more pleasant experience all-around.
2. Go for guilt-free snacks. Better living isn’t about giving up everything you like; it’s about balance and moderation. Look for snacks made with real, premium ingredients like dark chocolate or crunchy California almonds.
3. Take time to recharge. Even when you’re strapped for time, carving out a few minutes for yourself each day to focus on your mental well-being is important. This can include simply enjoying a few moments of silence or something more specific like meditating or journaling. Busy people tend to carry more stress, so looking for ways to inject these calming activities into daily schedules can help keep you refreshed and bring you more happiness.
4. Practice self-care. Especially when you’re busy, it’s easy to slack on self-care, but combine that with elevated stress and you may be especially susceptible to not feeling your best. Give yourself a boost with a daily vitamin or try a warm bath with Epsom salt to soothe your senses.
5. Space out your meals. Waiting hours to eat can cause people to overeat at major meal times—especially dinner. Taking time to plan simple snacks throughout the day helps ensure cravings are met and overeating is avoided when the dinner bell rings. Consider keeping a snack on-hand for guilt-free snacking when hunger strikes.
Source: Nonni’s Foods
Published by M.S.WOODS REAL ESTATE, LLC. Find thousands of homes for sale in metro Indianapolis, Indiana.