In all, June wasn’t a bad month for the Greenwood real estate market. While total pending sales were down 28.3 percent versus the previous month, June’s total of 104 represents a 9.5-percent improvement versus this same month 1 year ago. Also, from April through June of this year there were, on average, 17.7 percent more pending sales each month compared to this same 3-month window 1 year ago.
The Greenwood market did not disappoint when it came to total sales. June’s total of 134 closings represents a nice 22.9-percent gain versus May’s total of 109. But when compared to last June’s total of just 105 closings this is an even more pronounced improvement of nearly 28 percent. The average of 115 closings that took place from April through June of this year represents an improvement of 21.1 percent compared to this same period in 2011.
If you were trying to sell a home then you probably experienced a bit of relief as there was a 1.6-percent drop in the number of homes listed for sale versus the previous month’s total of 623. But the biggest difference comes in the form of a 16-percent decrease in inventory in comparison to last June’s total of 730 listings. Finally, the average number of homes listed on the market from April through June of this year fell 15.5 percent relative to this same quarter 1 year prior.
Some other Greenwood stats worth mentioning:
- Homes in Greenwood went for an average of 92 percent of their original list price in June, improving 2 percent in comparison to the previous month’s average of 90 percent. This is also an improvement of 3 percent relative to last June’s average of 89 percent, and a 4-percent improvement relative to the 12-month average of 88 percent.
- Sellers realized 97 percent of their final asking price. There has been less variation from one month to the next with this stat. Over the past 12 months, on average, homes in Greenwood sold for no less than 95 percent of final asking price, and no greater than 97 percent. The 12-month average sold-list differential based on final asking price us 96 percent.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 21.9 percent, while the absorption rate based on pending sales was 17 percent.
- There were 4.6 months of inventory based on closed sales and 5.9 months of inventory based on pending sales.
- The average active price in Greenwood was $207,000, while the average ‘sold’ price was $182,000.
- The median price was $157,000.
- Buyer paid an average of $71 per square foot. This is up nearly 11 percent over last June’s average of $64. The 12-month average is $68 per square foot.
View other Greenwood Real Estate Market Reports.