Eagle Creek Park Homes for Sale
Eagle Creek Park is an urban park inside metropolitan Indy. It offers hiking, biking, boating and swimming, plus lovely wooded expanses throughout this largest of all the parks in Indianapolis. Indeed, it is the sixth largest municipal park in the nation.
Inside the park are almost 4,000 acres of woodland terrain and meadowlands, plus 1,300 acres of reservoir water areas. Eagle Creek Park attracts more than a half-million visitors every year. Cities need parks, and Indy is a big city. Though there are other Indianapolis parks, Eagle Creek is the largest, a natural sanctuary from the concrete jungle. Here is a list of activities you can take part in through different buildings and areas in the park:
- Amphitheater – for special events and shows presented year-round
- Bait Shop – support for your fishing needs
- Bark Park – dog heaven
- Boat ramp and slips
- Cross-Country Skiing Paths – enjoy the thrill and challenge of winter
- Earth Discovery Center – nature classes and other special offerings, including student summer and holiday day camps for ages 5-6, 7-8 and 8-10. Open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free with your park admission. Earth Discovery Center is located at 5901 Delong Road in Indianapolis. Phone: (317) 327-7148.
- Earth Music Center – special concerts, shows and Indianapolis events
- Fitness Course – the park includes ten miles of paths
- Golf course – 36 hole standard
- Indianapolis Rowing Center
- Lilly Lake Pedal
- Marina Music Stage – special activities and events such as hayrides and children’s games
- Marsh & Bird Sanctuary – an important preserve
- Orienteering – land navigation sports
- Ornithology Center – new in 2008, center for the study of birds and various exhibits, including a live bird of prey program. The Ornithology Center is located at 6515 Delong Road in Indianapolis. Phone: (317) 327-BIRD
- Peace Learning Center – offering tours, family yoga and gifts from around the world
- Picnic areas and shelters
- Pistol and Archery Range
- Pontoon and Sunset Canoe Trips
- Retreat Centers
- Sailboat marina and rentals
- Sailing Day Camp
- State Nature Preserves
- Swim Beach
- Woodland Wildlife Preserve
Foundation exists solely to help preserve and promote the park, one of the noblest parks in Idianapolis. They give financial and volunteer support wherever they can, wherever needed, toward this aim.
Visitors are charged a nominal fee to enter the park, but this fee does not cover the cost of operating this enormous expanse of parkland and waterways. It is for this reason that the Eagle Creek Park Foundation was created.
Founded in 1978, the organization is dedicated to ensuring the safety and integrity of this big park for the present and for future generations. Since its inception with a membership of only nine, it has grown to include more than 2,000 members, friends of the park who donate annually to this good cause. In exchange for this donation, which is considered their membership fee, they receive a pass that gives them year-round entry into the park.
Orange fungus at Eagle Creek
Flower at Eagle Creek Park
Goose art on a trash can equals public art at Eagle Creek Park
Green muck at Eagle Creek Park
Lake Bank at Eagle Creek Park
Lake at Eagle Creek Park
Main road through Eagle Creek Park
People fishing at Eagle Creek Park
Trail at Eagle Creek Park
Latest Eagle Creek Park Homes for Sale
Welcome home to this stunning secluded property on Eagle Creek! W/ over 900 ft of water frontage, views can be seen from any room in the house. From the marble entry...
5 Beds 7 Bath Areas 12463 SqFt
40 acre property. Perfect for estate home or development. Not divisible. 40 acres: Parcel #32-01-19-200-002.000-001 (+/- 40 acres).
0 Beds 0 Bath Areas 0 SqFt
The Krannert Estate has come back to life with recent renovations since its original construction in 1930! Come and see the beautiful updates and extensive improvem...
5 Beds 6 Bath Areas 5203 SqFt
Sprawling home in The Preserve at Eagle Creek! 5 bedrooms, 4 full and 2 half baths, 3 kitchens, and high-end finishes throughout! The home features a circular drivew...
5 Beds 6 Bath Areas 8646 SqFt
Priced $175,000 BELOW APPRAISED VALUE! This sensational property is only 20 minutes from Monument Circle. Spectacular natural setting on 7.5 acres. Features grassy...
4 Beds 5 Bath Areas 6266 SqFt
21 acre property. Perfect for estate home or development. Not divisible. 21 acres: Parcel #32-01-19-200-001.000-001 (+/- 21 acres).
0 Beds 0 Bath Areas 0 SqFt
Location! Location! Location! Beautiful Mid-Century home in a desirable neighborhood. This 3 bedroom 2 bath home is situated on almost 3 acres within a 1 minute driv...
3 Beds 2 Bath Areas 3316 SqFt
3 bedroom/2 bathroom ranch home in a desirable Brownsburg community. Lot near community playground and situated on a walking path and pond view. Home had temporaril...
3 Beds 2 Bath Areas 2148 SqFt
Excellent condition condo in one of the best locations in the community. Not one but two balconies. The dining room balcony looks over the Caversham Place courtyard....
2 Beds 4 Bath Areas 1800 SqFt
This beautiful 2 bedroom (plus an additional loft/office space) end-unit townhome has tons of recent upgrades and is move-in ready! Upgrades include quartz counterto...
2 Beds 2 Bath Areas 1260 SqFt
Beautiful wooded secluded 1.7 ac lot in Traders Hollow subdivision of exclusive custom homes. Here is your chance to build your dream home on one of the largest lots...
0 Beds 0 Bath Areas 0 SqFt
Return to "Homes for Sale Near Central Indiana Parks"